AAUW Start Smart Workshop
AAUW’s salary negotiation workshops are designed to help you negotiate for a new job, raise, or promotion. In every workshop you’ll gain confidence in your negotiation style through facilitated discussion and learn:
- About the wage gap, including its long-term consequences
- How to identify and articulate your personal value
- How to conduct objective market research to benchmark a target salary and benefits
- Strategies for making the ask including deflection, building your pitch, and responding persuasively
Why is negotiation so important? AAUW’s research on the gender pay gap shows that one year out of college, women are already paid significantly less than men. Women who work full time take home about 80 cents for every dollar a full-time male worker is paid. And over a lifetime, those lost potential earnings add up.
Women who negotiate increase their potential to earn higher salaries and better benefits packages. By negotiating fair and equitable salaries, you’ll be better able to pay off loans, buy the things you want and need, and even save for retirement.
To register for an online or in-person seat, please visit https://muwedu.wufoo.com/forms/msor2ju11phils/
- Monday, November 18, 2019
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Active Learning Classroom (CTL)